Bring joy to a child during the holidays.
Project Joy provides donors with the opportunity to “adopt-a-family” for the holidays and purchase toys from children’s wish lists. Last year, almost 600 families had gift-filled holidays thanks to many individuals, groups, and corporations that participated in Project Joy.
How To Help:
Adopt a family for Project Joy!
Visit People to People’s offices (121 West Nyack Road in Nanuet) from November 4 to December 3, 2013 to review parent letters and children’s wish lists. Select a family that you, your business, civic group or church want to “adopt” for Project Joy. Letters and wish lists are available for review and “adoption”:
- Mondays through Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays until 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, November 16 & 17 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, November 23 & 24 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Gifts must be dropped off December 6 through December 8 in order for a timely distribution to families.
Purchase items for the Joy Store!
Families whose letters are not “adopted” will have an opportunity to visit People to People’s Joy Store where, thanks to your generosity, they can select two gifts per child at no cost! Interested individuals or groups can purchase board games, building toys, sports equipment, journals, scrapbooks, photo albums, craft kits, action figures, toy trucks, dolls, musical toys, educational toys and books for the Joy Store.
* Items for the Joy Store must be dropped off at People to People by December 13, 2013.
For more information, e-mail: Betsy Rodman, or call 845-623-4900, ext. 213.